Pages

Gift Giving 101!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Welcome back to our "Simplifying the Holidays" series! Today we're going to talk about gift giving. The where and the what! I've been thinking about this post a lot and have been unsure on how to go about it. It's difficult to say that what I would give to someone, you would also, because gift giving is about the giver, not the gift! I talk more about that in "The B Word".

Because I talked about how to gift for the hardest people in your life, I decided to create a list of "stereotypical gifts" for those that you know well, but aren't sure exactly what to get them. Below you'll find a list of stereotypes and a list of gifts per. It was my objective to create a list that includes all price ranges, so I hope you find this helpful!

"The Fitness Fanatic" -


  1. Wireless Headphones - I found mine at TJ Maxx for $40.00
  2. Cliff Bars - Can find at almost any grocery store!
  3. Hair Ties and Headbands! Get these here.
  4. A New Water Bottle - decorate it yourself, or find one at any store!
  5. Pay for a few months of their membership!

"The Coffee Lover" -

  1. A cute new mug! Find this one here. 
  2. A coffee Cozy! Get it here.
  3. DIY a coffee scrub! Many recipes found online!
  4. DIY chocolate covered spoons! Get the look here
  5. ANY coffee lover would LOVE to have a Starbucks Gift Card as well!

"The Beauty Queen"


  1. DIY a cute make-up brush holder!
  2. Nail Polish! (OPI - Dulce de Leche)
  3. EOS Lip Balm - found at almost any department store.
  4. Betsy Johnson Cosmetic Bag - Get it here.
  5. ULTA Gift Card

"The Planner Addict"



  1. Cute Pens! Get these here.
  2. Planner Stickers! Get those here.
  3. An Erin Condren Life Planner. You can get that here.
  4. Cute paper clips. Get the owl here!   

"The Book Lover"



  1. Book Ends - get the owl ones here
  2. Book Marks - get this one here.
  3. Book Initial - get one similar here.
  4. Great Gatsby Necklace. Here.
  5. Barnes and Noble Gift Card


Those are the most common stereotypes I can think of at the moment! But if you think of one and you'd like to know how I'd gift for them, feel free to leave a comment and I'll do my best to shop around! I hope these ideas have made your Holiday shopping a little easier! Christmas is only 12 days away can you believe it!?

Don't forget that Emily over at Createyou86 also posted today on gift giving so be sure to check her out! Check back next time for "Christmas Card Bonanza!" Until then, live simply today.

Love,
Aubrey





No comments:

Post a Comment